The RCMG Team Is Getting Vaccinated for COVID-19
We at Retinal Consultants Medical Group are getting the COVID-19 vaccination and encourage all our patients to consider getting the COVID-19 vaccines as they become available in the upcoming weeks and months. We know that some of us have specific reasons for not getting vaccinated yet and that is fine. However, please consider the following information if you are unsure about receiving the vaccination:
- The number of infections is skyrocketing.
- Your body needs antibodies in order to defend itself from diseases and illnesses.
- Vaccines make antibodies.
- Vaccines have a long and safe history. The reason that most of us live past the age of 30 without being seriously disabled is that scientists and doctors in the past developed vaccines against debilitating illnesses such as measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, meningitis, Hepatitis B, polio, and smallpox.
- The vaccines do not contain any viruses and it is impossible to catch COVID-19 by taking the vaccine. While no medical treatment is 100% safe, vaccination is much safer than being infected with COVID-19
- By getting vaccinated, you become a human shield that protects, not only yourself, but your loved ones, your patients, your community, and your coworkers.
Lastly, the sooner most of us get vaccinated, the sooner restaurants, bars, stores, and travel open back up, and the sooner we can get back to normal life.