Referring to Us
The Referring Doctor’s Preferred Choice
Retinal Consultants Medical Group is one of the most respected retina centers in the United States.
Founded in Sacramento in 1975, Retinal Consultants Medical Group has grown to become the one of the most trusted retina subspecialty groups in the United States and the dominant retina provider in the Northern California Valley. In addition to our dedication to excellent service to patients and referring providers, we are a leading physician partner in the development and advancement of retinal treatments through our nationally acclaimed research center. We provide surgical and medical care to thousands of patients in the Northern California Valley each year, with a focus on individualized plans for each patient and responsive relationships with our referring providers.
Why should I choose Retinal Consultants for my patients?
Our mission is to be the provider of choice to referring providers for all retinal care.
We designed our practice to be the leader in retina for our community. We have:
- 10 highly trained and board-certified retina specialists. Our surgeons trained at top-ranked residency programs and fellowships. Select specialists in the group have completed additional training beyond a medical and surgical retinal fellowship and have expertise in inherited retinal dystrophies, intraocular tumors, and uveitis.
- 11 convenient locations stocked with world-class equipment. Our offices feature ultra-widefield FA and a SD OCT for diagnostic purposes. All offices have B-scan ultrasound and select locations also have high resolution ultrasound biomicroscopy (UBM) anterior segment imaging and diagnostic A-scan for intraocular tumor evaluation. Our main Sacramento office has the capacity for electrophysiological evaluation of the retina, including ERG, multifocal ERG, VEP, and EOG.
- Broad acceptance of insurance plans. We welcome Medicare and Medical. We are also participating providers on almost all private insurance plans. We accept private pay patients. We are committed to helping you with all your patients, regardless of their insurance or ability to pay.
- Laser photocoagulation capacity at every office, allowing for urgent same-day in-office treatment of retinal tears and select detachments.
- The ability to diagnose and treat endophthalmitis at all our locations.
- Access to an on-call retina specialist 365 days of every year, including weekends and holidays.
Unparalleled Modern Retinal Care
We commit ourselves to providing world-class expertise in the medical and surgical care of patients with retinal diseases while advancing science through cutting-edge research. RCMG also invests heavily in diagnostic equipment, providing state-of-the-art retina imaging, laser treatment, and diagnostic capabilities to each patient. This, combined with the clinical expertise of our physicians and an exceptionally devoted staff, ensures each patient receives an accurate and detailed diagnosis followed by a custom treatment plan that leads to optimal outcomes.
Advancing Science Through Cutting-Edge Research
RCMG is home to a nationally respected FDA-certified clinical research site. Work from our clinical trials division has contributed to most of the pivotal developments in medical retinal care since the turn of the century. We continue to have numerous active clinical trials that aim to advance the field of retinal therapeutics even further. Qualified patients have the option of participating in these clinical trials, providing them early access to what we think will be the next great generation of retinal treatments. We are proud to be one of the most advanced clinical research groups in the field of retina.
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to providing the highest level of personalized care and service to each patient and referring physician. We thank you for the trust you demonstrate by referring your patients and welcome your feedback at any time.